Spanish Language and Culture for Kids
This Spanish class is designed as an interactive, collaborative, and engaging class for students to learn Spanish speaking skills. Using storytelling and games, students will have creative power over their educational experience, guided by the instruction of the teacher. Along with advancing Spanish speaking skills, students will also get a taste of Latin American culture. Flexibility is a key component to the structure of this class. The main goal is for students to have fun while engaging with the Spanish language.
Limited to 6 registered children
- For ages 8 & up
- Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday at 11 am for 55 minutes
- 5 weeks total: begins November 3 ends Tuesday December 8 (no class Nov 26–Thanksgiving)
- There is a fee for this course. See below
Erika Wainwright Velez is a native Spanish speaker from the Dominican Republic. She has tutored Spanish language students for four years, she has worked as a translator and interpreter for one year, and she has worked as a bilingual secretary for three years. Erika has also taken several advanced college level Spanish classes. Erika loves working with youth of all ages and is excited to meet new students and provide as engaging a learning experience as possible through our virtual platform.
Several different homework resources will be provided each week. Homework is not mandatory. The ambition of the students will guide how much homework they complete based on their own abilities, time, and interest. Students may request homework options based on their own ideas of how they would best learn the material.
Time Commitment: 55 minutes twice a week, homework optional.
- Fee: $50 for five week class. Please make check payable to Erika Wainwright.
- Refund policy: We encourage you to try out the first class to see how it works for you and your family. We cannot issue refunds. In special circumstances you can get a credit for unfinished classes.
- Registered students only: To ensure learner safety & quality instruction, we’re limiting the quantity of registered participants and adults may not join. If you are a parent supervising a learner during class, we please ask that you stay off-screen as much as possible. If your learner requires more active participation or supervision from you during class, please reach out to Laurie who will advise the teacher prior to class.
Register for this event
Registration is encouraged. It helps us to know how many to expect and keeps our staff prepared. We also invite you to join our email newsletter to be alerted to future events.